Monday, March 18, 2013

A Four Page Book is Very Long

Hoot the Dog and I went for a walk, which is not unusual. We do it every day, sometimes a couple of times a day. It always makes him happy. Above is a picture of Hoot on a snowy day.*
Hoot is an avid reader of other dog's pee, squirrels, and cats. While he was reading those things, I read these messages...
This extended all the way down the block.
I guess this is a long game.
Not hopscotch.
I'm pretty sure it's not hopscotch,
either the toss-a-rock or bounce-a-ball versions.

This is conventional hopscotch,
for comparison.
This was on the porch of a house.
It seems to be grownup play.
A couple of cats. 
Hoot did not find them interesting.

Thoughts crossed my mind while I read these things about play and rules, convention and invention.
I'm not going to go into all of those thoughts. I leave you to your own.
---
While I'm here, I'd like to point to this interview at Adina Gewirtz's blog about Black Helicopters .

I'd also like to say that Black Helicopters will be released next week. I imagine this situation in this way


* We don't have snow on the ground today. Wish we did. Grassfires are already happening. 






Post a Comment