Tuesday, January 31, 2012

D is for Darkness



Available right darn now.
D is for darkness
Where monsters might hide,
But they're out in the daylight,
Hitching a ride.
To celebrate the release of Catch & Release, I want to make Polly's alphabet book into a real thing—a book as artifact. I like little books with pages sewn together by hand, so that's the plan. But I need your help to get it done. If you provide me with a verse for any of the letters in black below, I will send you a hand-made book, too, once I get all the letter verses collected. Just put the verse in the comments. It's first come, first served as far as using the letters goes... (Oh, me, the ever-optimist assuming there will be comments.)


THANK YOU! 


I have the poems, I even have multiples verses for a couple of letters, to which I say YIPPEE!

How long will this take? 
I promise it will be done by May 4th, 2012.


A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 


The poems must resemble these examples (four lines, alphabet driven first line, rhyme on the third and fourth). The subject is always something monstrous. The subject, monsters, because, to quote Odd, "The little boogers would love a book about monsters.” The form is doggerel, because that's what we know about picture books for small children, even if we know it is lie.


P is for Pegasus
A horse in the air
The stain of a murder
Snakes dead as her hair


X is for Xeno
Stranger who visits
Marry it? Screw with it?
Kill it? Which is it?
Another constraint: the "no humany monster" rule. Watch the trailer to figure that out.
NOTE: They do not have to be Greek-origin. Bring me all-worldly monsters. I've decided narwahls are monsters. And all the rusalka's humanity has been washed away...

Post a Comment