Thursday, July 8, 2010

All the news that's fit to print...in no particular order.


Troutzilla is with the Perfect Editor. Here is a true thing: Writing is the best part. Writing is as wonderful as reading.

The Freak Observer cleared a significant hurdle on its way onto library shelves: Reviews in Kirkus and Booklist.

I had my first live-person interview and it turned out to be excellent fun. How excellent? I had the opportunity to yell "Lone Wolf and Cub"--that's how excellent.

I was not looking forward to having my picture taken. The last time a professional photographer tried to take my picture, the result looked like a senior photo taken of a wanna-be romance author. The proofs have been destroyed.
But today I realized what I needed to do was be a good frame for my book. Excellent fun.

I'll post a link to the Billings Gazette Enjoy section.

I had coffee with Bill Konigsberg, author of Out of the Pocket and then he promptly moved away.

This is a coincidence.

This, I must admit, is not a well curated post. So I'll close by saying I'm going to be doing a workshop for Girl Scouts about journaling. One thing I will say is that sometimes the only way to capture a fast fish is to notice it.

There will be time to murder and create,
And time for all the works and days of hands
That lift and drop a question on your plate;        
Time for you and time for me,
And time yet for a hundred indecisions,
And for a hundred visions and revisions

The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock
                                                             --T.S. Eliot
Post a Comment