Saturday, September 13, 2008

What I learned this week at work

Aldo Leopold was a bowhunter.

Bannerstones were an improvement on basic atlatl technology.

Squirrels prefer new wool to old wool.

The subordination of aesthetics to ideology in the Bible is accomplished through many mechanisms. 

One can be judged a good poet but a bad mother on the basis of one's complicated use of apostrophes. 

I just encountered one of my students from 15 years ago. He is a family physician and writes everyday, including freewriting, just as I told him to do in class. We had a nice conversation about string theory while he was examining my eye. His diagnosis was a corneal abrasion, which was welcome. His accomplishments are his own, but I'm glad I was his teacher. He made me feel very optimistic. 



Post a Comment